Franklin works closely with local employers, universities and the Greater Lincolnshire LEP to ensure that we meet the area's skills needs and local priorities to support their future pipeline.
Our Professionals' Programmes:
Our Franklin Professionals Programme offers an extensive range of opportunities that all students are encourages to participate in.
This includes our National Award-winning Career Ready programme, which focuses on key sectors of skills needed across the Humber including Health, STEM, logistics, business and law.
Students who are interested in a careers in teaching are encouraged to participate in our Teaching Academy delivered in partnership with Bishop Grosseteste University.
Our academically gifted students join our prestigious High Flyers Programme with support from Russel Group universities and Oxbridge. This programme is designed to stretch and challenge our students so that they can progress successfully onto the most prestigious universities or higher apprenticeships.
Students aspiring for a future as a Doctor, Vet or Dentist can join the Aspiring Future Medics programme where they will attend a variety of dedicated sessions including talks from healthcare professionals and university admission teams to support you with your application to some of the most competitive degrees.
Please download our Franklin Professionals' Brochure here to find out all about our impressive programmes.
For more information on any of our Professionals' Programmes contact The Careers Team or pop and visit them in The Centre for Professional Development located in the Learning Centre.
In addition to these we offer:
- 1-1 careers appointments with our team of Level 6 qualified Careers Advisers offering impartial advice and guidance to support you with your next steps - Contact our Careers Team
- Our working lunch programme where our amazing partner employers and professionals discuss what working in their industry is really like and the career pathways that are available
- Masterclass programme where you will have employers, universities and apprenticeship providers provide more in-depth opportunities to explore specific careers within your lessons, often linked to the curriculum
- Employer visits, regionally and nationally
- Work experience across a broad range of industry sectors, to develop your skills and understanding of the careers that are available locally. Download our Work Experience Booklet here
- Mentoring opportunities where you will be matched with an employer who will guide and support you on a 1-1 basis, giving you chance to develop your networking skills and confidence and learn from industry professionals
- Summer internships giving you an opportunity to work on a real project or in a department for 4-6 weeks during the summer, giving you excellent opportunity to impress enhancing your CV, university application and increasing your chances of employment
- Extensive enrichment programme that will allow you to take part in a number of different clubs and activities throughout the week to raise aspirations, improve motivation and develop key skills
- Careers and Progression evening where you will be able to network with over 80 employers, university and apprenticeship providers to explore your options after college. Download our 2022 Progression Evening Programme here for an idea of the fantastic range of opportunities to expect at our 2023 event
- Annual STEM conference where you will be able to take part in a number of interactive workshops delivered by a wide range of universities and employers. Download our 2022 STEM Programme here for an insight into our fantastic conference and what to expect in 2023
- Weekly newsletter packed full of information relating to masterclasses, universities, apprenticeships, work experience and local labour market information
Keep up to date with our week Careers Newsletter, here!