Franklin is located on one site on Chelmsford Avenue, Grimsby, and is easy to get to from all routes into the area by all transport methods.
Your future starts here. But first, let’s get you here! It’s simple to get here by bus or car using the information and helpful links below. Your first trip here is bound to be exciting and a little bit daunting. But you’ll be fine – and the journey, parking up (if you have a car) and getting to class or enrichment session will soon be like second nature. If you have any problems, just give us a call. Our team will be happy to help.
At Franklin we offer a student bus service with bus routes updated annually. You can download the timetable here – and it’s only £1 per journey! Financial support options are available; find out if you’re eligible.
We have a secure area to that you can use to lock you bike up.
A dedicated moped and motorbike parking area is available.
If you’re walking from Grimsby Town Centre it takes around 15-20 minutes to reach Franklin. There are several bus stops within walking distance, times will depend on the bus route you are travelling on.
If you’re travelling to us for a meeting or event, Grimsby Train Station is a 5 to 10-minute drive away.
We have two FREE carparks for staff, students and visitors. Click here for a link to Google maps to help you find us.
If you’re using SatNav, please use the address below:
Franklin College, Chelmsford Avenue, Grimsby, DN34 5BY
But to give you an idea, here are the directions from all routes:
From the West (M180/A180) and North (A15/A180)
- Join A180 at junction 5 heading east towards Grimsby
- Leave A180 at junction 8 signposted A1136 heading towards Great Coates
- At the next roundabout turn left onto the A1136 heading towards Grimsby
- At the next roundabout turn right into Little Coates Road
- At the next mini roundabout turn left into Cambridge Road
- At the next mini roundabout turn right into Chelmsford Avenue (signposted Franklin College)
- Arrive – Franklin is on the left from the West (Lincoln/A46)
Travel East on A46 towards Grimsby
- At the A18/A46 Laceby roundabout take the second exit heading towards Grimsby
- At the next roundabout (Morrisons) continue straight on heading towards Grimsby
- At the next roundabout continue straight on heading towards Grimsby
- Turn left after the second set of traffic lights (pedestrian crossing) into Chelmsford Avenue (signposted Franklin College)
- Arrive – Franklin is on the right from the South
Travel north on the A15 towards Grimsby
- At Toll Bar roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Louth Road - A16 (signposted Grimsby)
- At Louth Road roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A16 (signposted Grimsby)
- At Low Farm roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A16 (signposted Humber Bridge, Immingham)
- Continue forward onto the A16. Entering Grimsby
- At traffic signals turn left onto Weelsby Road - A46 (signposted Lincoln)
- At Fryston Corner turn left onto A46 (signposted Lincoln)
- At Nuns Corner take the second exit onto Laceby Road - A46 (signposted Lincoln)
- Travel for approx 0.5 miles and turn right onto Chelmsford Avenue (before pedestrian crossing traffic lights - signposted Franklin College)
- Arrive – Franklin is located on the right