Flexible learning to suit your needs
The dedicated Adult Learning Team (ALT) is made up of experienced tutors, all of whom are specialists in their subject areas. As a team, they’re passionate about working with adults and providing people in the community with the best life chances.
You may just need to ‘top up’ one subject area such as maths, or you might want to upskill for employment or higher education by studying a subject area pathway. Whether you’re starting out on your first formal qualification or looking at your next career steps, we’re ready to welcome you no matter what stage you’re at in your journey.
Classes are conveniently located at the Franklin College Adult Hub and in community settings across Immingham, Cleethorpes, and Grimsby. Take your future into your hands and apply today.
You can download our latest courses brochure below:
What Courses Do We Offer?
We have a wide range of Adult Learning Courses to suit all our learners needs.
Below you'll find the list of these, to find our anymore please contact our Adult Learning Team or call us on 01472 875000.
- GCSE Maths, English
- Functional Skills Maths and English (Entry Level up to Level 2)
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) from Entry Level to Level 2
- L2 GCSE Science - Biology (Starting September 2024)
- L1 Essential Digital Skills
- L2 Professional Development
- L1 Intro to Health & Social Care
- Level 1 Introduction to working in Health and Social Care & with Children and Young People
- L2 Health & Social Care
- L3 Access to Higher Education Health Professions
- L1 Intro to Childcare
- L2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- L3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- L2 Early Years Educator
- L3 Early Years Education
- L1 & L2 Customer Service
- L2 Healthcare Business Administration Pathway
- L2 Essential Digital Skills
Distance Learning Courses
- L2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- L2 Certificate in Information, Advice and Guidance
- L2 Certificate in Understanding Children Young Peoples Mental Health
- L2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- L2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Learning Disabilities
- L2 Certificate in Understanding Domestic Abuse
- L2 Certificate in Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences
- L2 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- L2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health
- L2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- L2 Certificate in Mental Health and First Aid and Advocacy in the Workplace
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Cyber Security
How to Apply
Get in touch using the button below to let us know which course(s) you’re interested in.
Discuss which is the best course(s) for you with a member of our Adult Learning Team, and we’ll arrange for you to come along and meet us and enrol on your course.
Enjoy your course!
Come along to class. We’ll complete your enrolment forms and any essential assessments in your first week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our adult learning courses are for students aged 19 and over. We offer a wide range of courses with something for everyone. Please download our latest prospectus for more details.
Our functional skills classes are mixed-ability and no experience is required.
Our courses run year-round, and you can enrol at any time.
Evening classes are held at Franklin College Community Hub (an adult only area of the college) and daytime classes are available at centres across Grimsby, Immingham and Cleethorpes.
It depends on the course you are studying. Our Adult Learning Team can provide further details and will be happy to have a chat about your requirements.
English, Maths (GCSE and functional skills), ESOL and distance learning classes:
- Are FREE to anyone that does not already have a GCSE at grade C/4 or above.
Level 1 and 2 Funding:
Some of our vocational courses with fees, you may still be eligible for them at no cost if:
- If you work and your yearly income is below £20,319
- If you are not employed and are in receipt of certain benefits
If neither of these apply but your household income is below £28000 you can apply to us to help pay your course fees. We can also help with childcare costs too!
Level 3 Funding
- If you are 19 - 23 you will be eligible for the course free if it is your first full level 3 courses
- If you are 24+ you can apply for an advanced learner loan to cover the fees, we’ll provide you with everything you need to know about this!
Get in touch with us
If you can’t see what you’re looking for in the courses listed above, contact us at email@example.com or on 01472 875 000. We’ll be more than happy to have a friendly, informal chat about your goals and how we can support you in achieving them.