The following information details how Franklin Sixth Form College is adhering to the latest Government guidelines regarding COVID-19.
For a copy of our latest risk assessment regarding COVID-19 and the return of on-site learning, please click here
Some new rules came into force from the 1st April 2022 called ‘Living with Covid’, please familiarise yourself with them as follows:
- Covid will now be treated in the same way as any other respiratory virus.
- If you have mild symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat or a mild cough you should continue to attend college.
- If you experience more severe symptoms, are unwell and have a high temperature you should stay at home and only return to college when you feel well enough and no longer have a high temperature.
- If you miss college due to being unwell this will be recorded as sickness in the usual way.
- If people in your household display respiratory symptoms you should attend college as normal.
- You are no longer expected to take lateral flow tests even if you feel poorly, just follow the procedures outlined in points 1-5.
- To prevent yourself from becoming poorly please maintain the good hygiene practices which have been adopted throughout the pandemic including washing your hands, using hand sanitiser and the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- I you do test positive for Covid and are aged 18 years or under, please stay at home for 3 days following the date of the test and avoid contact with other people. You may return to college after this period provided you feel well and do not have a high temperature.
- Anyone age 19 or over who tests positive for Covid should stay at home for 5 days following the date of the test and avoid contact with other people. You may return to college after this period provided you feel well and do not have a high temperature.
As ever, please report all absences to College by either calling 01472 875000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org