Digital Learning Days
Thursday, 29th September and Friday, 30th September 2022.
What is the purpose of Digital Learning Days?
- To help you work independently in preparation for Reading Week (w/c 17th October 2022).
- Flexible working has become the norm in many industries; often employees are encouraged to work from home at least one day at week.
- Although universities have gone back to face-to-face learning, a lot of time is spent studying independently.
What to expect from Digital Learning Days:
- Online activities will be set on Google Classroom for each of your subjects, including ASPIRE sessions.
- If you have an ASPIRE session during the digital learning days, they will be delivered virtually at the same time as your timetables ASPIRE session. Your Progress Coach will provide instructions on how to join your virtual session.
- There will be no timetabled curriculum lessons, all work is expected to be completed independently.
- At the end of the two days, you will be expected to update Grofar on your progress with the digital activities.
Digital Day Checklist:
Before Digital Days, you must ensure you have:
- Joined all your subject Google Classrooms;
- Joined your ASPIRE Google Classroom;
- Signed up to Grofar
- Check your college emails daily
- Have access to a laptop or computer
- Have WiFi connectivity to allow you to work from home
- Have arranged to lease a laptop from the Learning Centre if needed
- Aware how to access your online ASPIRE session if you have one timetabled
Thursday 29th September
- College will be open to students who wish to use the onsite facilities.
- Limited catering will be available (Frankie's and the College shop).
- Buses will be running as usual, but you are not expected to attend.
Friday 30th September
- College will be closed to students. There will be no buses running.
If you don’t have WiFi at home, you are able to come on site on Thursday – you can work in the Media & IT building and the Learning Centre.
If you have any questions, please speak to your Progress Coach or one of your teachers.