Franklin College is committed to enabling all individuals to achieve their full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment. The college has attained the Investors in Diversity Award for numerous years and is in the Top 40 for 2017.
Franklin College has a Single Equality policy statement and an Equality and Diversity Action Plan. An annual report is published each year.
The College will continuously strive to:
- Develop an awareness of equality and diversity issues amongst all staff, students, governors and visitors
- Encourage the promotion of equality and celebration of diversity in all aspects of College life
- Foster good relations between persons who share protected characteristics and persons who do not share them.
- Ensure that all members of the College community are valued equally
- Eliminate discriminatory practices, ensuring equitable treatment within the College and responding promptly to any concerns regarding inequitable treatment
- Eliminate all forms of harassment and victimisation
- Monitor equality and diversity and deal with any concerns which arise
- Comply with all general and specific duties set down by the public sector equality duty.
For full details of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion activities and policies please see our polices page here.