The Centre for Professional Development (CfPD) provides a range of services to ensure individual students have all the information and support they need to make the best possible informed choices for their chosen future.
Franklin’s nationally-recognised Centre for Professional Development (CfPD), is a unique approach to building strong links with employers, universities and the College.
Work focuses on significantly improving employment and life chances for our students; identifying the needs and the skills of talented local young people at Franklin. We work with employers to maximise the support provided for a student's success and this has become a key part of our CfPD.
Through our work with partners, we strive to develop key employability skills and behaviors needed as we work to support students in achieving their full potential. This work supports Franklin to provide a broad curriculum through the understanding of local, regional and national employment opportunities which are also aligned with local community priorities.
Our dedicated team focuses on:
- building relationships with employers and universities
- offering our students impartial careers advice and guidance
- providing a wide range of enrichment opportunities
- providing work experience opportunities
- arranging internships
- identifying mentors and overseeing their work with students
- providing working lunches for students to hear what the world of work is like in various sectors
- arranging employer visits and guest speakers from universities.
Find out about our fantastic Franklin Professionals' Programmes
Download our latest weekly Careers Newsletter
Meet our Careers Team
Peter Kennedy, our Principal, comments:
‘For too long we have watched some of our brightest and most talented youngsters leave the area to go to university and employment, seldom to return. Local employers need to understand that their future workforce is already here; the pool of talent that they can tap into is much deeper and broader than they imagine.'