Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Franklin College is committed to enabling individual students to achieve their full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment. The college has attained Investors in Diversity.
Franklin College has a Single Equality policy statement and an Equality and Diversity Action Plan. These can be found by following the links below. An annual report is published each year.
The College will continuously strive to:
- Develop an awareness of equality and diversity issues amongst all staff, students, governors and visitors
- Encourage the promotion of equality and celebration of diversity in all aspects of College life
- Foster good relations between persons who share protected characteristics and persons who do not share them.
- Ensure that all members of the College community are valued equally
- Eliminate discriminatory practices, ensuring equitable treatment within the College and responding promptly to any concerns regarding inequitable treatment
- Eliminate all forms of harassment and victimisation
- Monitor equality and diversity and deal with any concerns which arise
- Comply with all general and specific duties set down by the public sector equality duty
For minutes of our recent equality and diversity commitee meetings please click below:
Please see our E&D Calendar for upcoming events and festivals.
For further information on the College’s Single Equality Scheme and general equality and diversity matters, please contact Sue Graham.